Friday, July 21

Reading and being me

Searching for the real Chris in the mishmash of projected ideas by others used to be hard going because I just got to the point I was a full time actor, arriving on set, performing my part in the play of life. 
The one thing I knew was while I could play act an adult as far as knowing about typical interests went, it took me away from who I actually was as the minute the topic ended so did any pretense of adulthood.
I've always knew I was the eternal boy who was and saw himself just like the boy here happy in that junior world and at my happiest dressed more like him taking obviously some account of where exactly I was.
The real Chris may of had difficulties with reading but loved books and libraries, being spirited away in an imaginary world of adventure plus enjoyed an audiobook where I could just drift away.

No comments:

Post a Comment