Friday, June 1

Play 2- Summer edition

This week on That Uniformed School Boy I thought I'd post something around some of things I do as a adult school boy during the course of a day.
There is little getting way from the fact I do get tired so to avoid running out of 'spoons' I do need to take naps during the day apart from having an early fixed bedtime  to keep to recuperate as just trying to keep up with everyone else takes a lot out me.

One thing I try to do is to get out in the open air for some gentle exercise in the from of brisk walk through the countryside where I can relax, switch off and watch the birds and other animals I encounter as well as appreciate the trees.
That's a shadow self portrait, holding the camera while in my shorts and long grey socks as I seldom wear longs and most people here see me more as a adult-child 'boy' .
Although I have difficulty in using my hands, when I am able I love to colour having several colouring books using good quality German pencils in my own style, blending different colours together to create the ones I 'see' in my head.
I find it very relaxing which helps with my anxiety and traumas of the past as well as getting me in a very child-like headspace.
These are two ships I've had since my early teens and I like to get them down from the shelf where they're displayed top play in imaginary sea battles on the carpet  bared knee, pushing them along on their wheels.
Imaginary play like this is something I love doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment