Friday, November 23

Outdoor scouting attire

Last week we talked about Cub Scout inspired challenges. This week it's not that although there is a kind of a  connection.
Part of that thing in challenging myself more brings needs because you need to be prepared for it so something more that a light weight coat or a fleecy jacket to throw on when your outdoors is needed.
For one thing they involve being out not in a car so it needs to be both weatherproof and warm especially at this time of year so I am comfortable and this Parka meets that need quite well.
Something that also really matters in such a coat is having a lot of good pockets to keep things you need at hand that can be sealed so nothing falls out or gets wet and it has two buttoned pockets at the bottom, two zipped ones vertically at the top plus one zipped inner and one velcro inner.
This means things like your cellphone, maps and wallet can be put away as can say a small camera and pen knife.
It doesn't have a hood but I tend to wear a woollen knitted hat when I'm out as it keeps my head warm while breathing so my head doesn't get too sweaty.
The fawn colour is a good match for scouting in spirit blending in well with the natural environment.
It also came on special offer with a watch which is something I really need as I have to learn to tell the time however hard it might be to improve my functioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment