Friday, January 11

The return of Lego

After talking a bit last week about New Years, this dedicating it  to a thing and the previous week looking at the last year in my life I feel like talking about something else today.

l did have for Christmas a 'classic' lego box by which they mean instead of the small dedicated kits that make one or possibly items admittedly well, this is more like the kind of lego we had.
The last time I had any was up to my mid teens which I did play with intensely before being taken away as I was 'too old' to play which was a joke and some to be honest as I was regressing even then.
What you have instead is a variety of different bricks, wheels and other parts from which you can make anything from provided you have sufficient parts and for good measure mine did include a suggestions booklet with ideas showing what parts to use.
The above picture was one idea I had taken on Boxing Day while playing with it the company of one sibling  and my parents where I came up with this idea for a Bungalow using the small supplied green board rather than the bigger one that was bought separately.
I didn't need to use the pink bricks that were added to tick the gender neutral box some insist on which is fine for somethings but few building use pink and even in female circles some feel the 'pink tyranny' is getting out of hand.
Being sat making this easily was one of the best things that could of happened over Christmas not just from the point of using imagination and helping my co-ordination but also from just being that eternal ten year old regressing in play.

No comments:

Post a Comment