Friday, October 9

Staying above it all

This hasn't been the best of weeks not least with a combination of bad weather and being very unwell for a few days so in a lot of respects I'm catching up which hasn't been helped by having to use the trackball on this computer as my mouse has died.

Unfortunately I just don't have the co-ordination and dexterity to use the trackball, struggling to make the curser go where I want it too, frequently getting the 'wrong' action or find it's stuck.

One thing I do swear by is the importance of getting out for at least an hour a day for exercise and adventure not just for physical well being but also for maintaining alertness and actually having an adventure.

Some elements of modern especially grown up life seem to forget the very things we understood as boys, the reason we'd rush off when our mates came for us because we felt so much better in mind and spirit for that time we spent together outdoors.

We felt very much alive in our bodies that no amount of virtual reality can truly replace.

I have also found it helps with being healthy tending to have much less infections  and a more clearer positive mental state meaning I am better able to deal with those things I need to.

I suspect by around Monday I'll be listen to my radio as further announcements are made regarding restrictions due to Covid-19.

I'm not a strong television or social media news feeds sort of person being happier to listen to shows like The News at One on BBC Radio Four for what I need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment