Friday, April 30

Deciding on a uniform scheme II

We had last looked at uniform on February 5th where I had come to conclusion the scheme that best fitted my muse was one centred on Royal Blue as that built on the detail colour in his tie and turn over top socks with the very traditional grey.

The start point of the entire exercise for me has always been centred around dealing with the dysphoria being permanently in mindset of schoolboy who doesn't relate to adult life except in the most basic and superficial of ways.

It's really bringing together how I feel as an eternal boy of ten on the inside with how I look on the outside so I see the 'real' me so I feel have the best level of self confidence as that boy especially when lockdown restrictions permitted I can be with others.


We got last time a actual boys plain Royal Blue blazer made by David Luke that fitted a treat but having been at schools that didn't have a formal uniform cap it wasn't a thing I associated with an idea of myself.

I came around to a view however that actually I would of loved one because although it was obviously non uniform I did during the time I was ten through to twelve years did wear a Bay City Rollers cap not just for obvious reasons such as a fanatical devotion the the "tartan terrors" but because actually I like wear a cap!

I decided to buy a Royal Blue cap to match from Albert Prendergast's store because it just makes sense to position myself as that boy who apart from wanting to have to wear a blazer also would of liked to worn an official matching cap.


One things I will say for Albert Prendergast's store is he only stocks good quality mainly british made items so you get high quality and keep UK textiles jobs going and the underside of the cap shows that in the cotton lining and high quality stitching 

This no doubt will be worn the next time I can attend a meet.

Pix credits: Albert Prendergast Ltd.

Not declaring your picture credits is worth at least cornertime!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have that very cap. Didn't get it from Prendergast. I got it years ago from schooluniformsonoline.com. Mine has the badge from the Micklefield School.

    ReplyDelete