Friday, February 23

A few thoughts from last week

Yes it's yet another wet week as I can hear the rain pounding on my bedroom window here as I recover from this cold I got last week.


Now it was dry then so I was able to go out for a fair walk and enjoy being out in the secluded grounds as the bulbs were starting to poke their way through the soil and even saw a squirrel one afternoon going from tree to tree.



Their were shades of the school project in arts and crafts, drawing, colouring and cutting things out to make a Viking Long Boat and some baking too.


There was however one thing that really caught my eye in the rather long games room in the wings of the building that lit up my eyes.

One of my constant sources of entertaiment in the long winter evenings at boarding school stood in the common room  and that was our Subbuteo set that allowed you to play football on a table top between your favourite teams.



As it happened that was just what was set up where I stayed so all those thoughts from just after getting your homework done and spending an hour or so with your mates came back so I just played and played it.

It were magical as you pulled your plays back and turned them to animate the ball as traversed the ground, doing a spot of defending or, better still, scoring a goal and then adjusting the scoreboard at the sides.

Boyhood's good enough to stay in, I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment