Friday, August 16

Designing the right pair for me

Experiments  this week at the cooler end as it was getting a bit much at the tail end of last week and we return to a staple of discussion both at the forum and on the blog.

One issue with me personally is I have Scoliosis, which is the medical term for curviture of the spine which is both painful as the spine doesn't properly support me, often is warm and makes getting anything around the waist to fit properly difficult unless it is elasticated or better still fully adjustible.

Elestication on shorts therefore is a must and yet even doesn't make for a snug heading to some chafing if you fall between waist sizes.


(Pix credit Albert Pendergrast Ltd)

Seeing it was getting towards the end of the School Hols and what would be the start of Autumn Term I thought  I try an experiment as a pair of charcoal grey short trouser was getting a bit worn in the seat (when you have difficulty staying upright, you put a bit more pressure around there).

I ordered up a pair pair of grey David Luke short trousers specifying the inside leg be reduced from seven inches to three, something with me height has very much the same proportions I grew up with but also requested belt loops as they like most tend not to come with belt loops.

Indeed it is unusual to see belts on shorts trousers, only appearing on the longs of older children in the way we were used to/


There would be little point in specifying a belt loop, without a belt and as it happened  you can get tradition snake buckle one that intersects fastening it and what is more they ARE elasticated to so they mould to fit tightly rather than trying to lift upwards rubbing my spine.

Having arrived a couple of days ago I can say double elasticity does work as they fit snuggly free from any movement around my waist and especially spine feeling very comfortable.

In terms of appearence, the length is right, I would wear longer around six inside leg ones in more formal settings such as meals out with family and that but for straight ahead adult-child me activities that just feels right.

Moreover the belt doesn't merely make for a better less painful fit, it does further take my appearence back to that ten year old as look back from the mirror or a passing window while out.

I know now what I need to get the perfect pair.


No comments:

Post a Comment