All being well there *should* be a issue next week but given I do fully live this life there always will be periods where I am away and they may even be a blog entry short as I need all the spare time I have to actually get everything together to do just that.
I did some secretarial training in the very late 1980's having had various positions which had the benefit of sort of being around youngsters who were having theirs after leaving school ready for the world of work, something it had to be said school really screwed up with me.
So I enjoyed that time as much as it was about real syllabus's and examinations for being with people more on my wavelength.
One of the things we did was Typing Skills and Wordprocessing, the latter becoming more and more important for doing personalized letters, and promotional material and back then I was one of the few to be allowed to use the Canon AP850 which was cross between a typewrite with the main functionality set by dedicated buttons on the area near the keys and a cathode ray tube for seeing the text you could alter not just a few lines at a time but whole pages.The quality of the printing was much better than printers at the time for using traditional ink and characters that were struck.
I got on with this better than a Amstrad Word processsor using Locoscript.
nn

No comments:
Post a Comment