Friday, December 29

Christmas Edition part II - our day

Christmas comes but once a year no doubt to the relief of most parents when we think about how much they put into making Christmas happen such as getting the Christmas meal, buying presents visiting their own parents and so on.
Christmas is more a time for us as children has having had our school parties, we look forward to the day itself opening our presents and indeed I like most boys often was so excited the night before I could hardly sleep for wondering what I might have.
Sometimes that's hard to manage because our expectations are boundless and the reality sometimes is different such as a duplicate present, a sock say the wrong size or one that just isn't us which often happened with me for having some atypical interests compared to most boys.
Usually in my presents would be annuals connected to either pop artists, tv programs or the comics I read as boy that you'd read all year round.
These two are this years editions of two I got as an actual child jam full of stories featuring all the comics characters like Korky the cat, Dennis the Menace, Desperate Dan and Minnie the Minx.
Then you'd have a Main Present which I can recall one year was a Lego set and when I was nine a cassette tape recorder followed by smaller odds and ends such as socks, underpants and pens for school. Finally you have presents from your Aunts, Uncles and Cousins and if you were jolly lucky your best friend at school.
Christmas was a indeed a magical time for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment