Friday, January 5

Uniform talk

I haven't said much really around school uniform simply because with me it was very much in the past, some parts of uniforms today have changed at least in the State School sector around Combined infant and Junior schools known as 'Primaries' where they have increasingly standardized to down to more Infants whereas when I went we had a distinct Junior one that was more formal.
I feel that's regrettable because it give us a status we liked and we looked smarter being dressed in a more mature way
The other thing is I never had much to say about my own regressive side which is schoolboy and it does involve wearing shorts that I do nearly all the time to be honest.

They aren't the exact same sort we had as ours were shorter and lined but I think they are a good replacement not least on longer bodies where the older sort did look a bit too short and in the end boys do need to feel comfortable wearing them.

Socks tended come in variations, some allowed ankle socks in summer and generally in high school you hand ankle or calf length over long trousers or traditionally long socks that you had with shorts.
At the time I did mainly school boy age regression, I'd catch the bus to the local BHS in Stoke to visit the school wear department and buy grey ribbed socks like these but since BHS closed down you get these online from people like Universal Uniform (the former The Schoolwear Company).
You can get the coloured top sort (usually blue or red) that you'd associate with Prep  Schools, Grammar and Independent Schools too still from school suppliers

No comments:

Post a Comment