Friday, January 19

Two wheeled machine

Frosty mornings brings back childhood memories...
Bike is a common currency amongst boys especially as got older being more able to get about independently to our friends, to school perhaps or to the shops on. It becomes a sign of our growing up, a rite of passage, that may of started when we were young just going up and down our streets and many say you never really forget.
For me as a physically disabled boy though it was never something I did because I couldn't stay upright on one and even stabilizers wouldn't of helped with even so it was one of long for things that left me out of the circle of boyhood because I couldn't join in with their adventures.
I'd of loved to had the opportunity to have used a tricycle to go out in my shorts and trainers and played with them on one, just being a boy amongst boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment