Friday, June 29

Summer ASB clothing replacements

One thing about summer is because you're busy and not necessarily looking as formal as you might otherwise it is the the time you check your clothes over and replace anything that needs it ready for summer hols
One thing I have been doing is replacing some of my more everyday t shirts for new ones with bold colours such as orange that tends also to show less dirt until at least the next wash cycle.
Also there's only so many times you can wash your underwear without them getting more baggy so I've replaced them.
I wear traditional white y fronts because they provide the support my boy bits appreciate while being made from soft cotton are comfortable so I can forget that wearing them while playing no matter how physical it may get.
A good number of other adult schoolboys also wear them because for a very long time they were the only 'approved' underwear not least at boarding schools like mine or prep schools and that's good enough for me!
I also had to replace my shoes as the amount of wear  they get in this life is such the stitching had started to fray around the heel and a few bits of the leather had split even which does nothing for protection from puddles and that.
I cannot tie my shoes for disability related reasons so often get slip on shoes of various kinds and prefer the velcro type as you get a tight fight more easily.
These from US Brass are fairly well made with a wide fit around the toe area, tough leather and a decent lining.

1 comment:

  1. A fascinating insight into your wardrobe and nice to know I'm not the only one wearing white y-fronts.

    ReplyDelete