Friday, August 23

532

Living with my folks tended to mean living with other peoples hobbies and interests to the point we'd be taken to see them and not least with Dad's perpetual trips to various preserved railways sometimes to the detriment what of the rest of us wanted. 
One that crosses that division between how some of that left me feeling and my own interests is to be found in the 532 "Blue Peter" steam locomotive because it was rescued with some input from the tv show which as you all know I love to bits and restored in 1970 which I just about recall that from memory was featured on the front of Blue Peter book 8.
We went during the 1970's to a railway museum that is no longer in existance at Dinting where the Cheshire towns of Stalybridge plus Hyde and High Peak area of Derbyshire meet and at the time 532 was often to be seen
It was there where I bought things like postcard books to buy and stick in postcards of various steam trains in and the odd badge such as this which surprisingly enough I still have because something in a live steam engine captured my imagination that transcended those other issues. 
I also have my original Tufty Club badge from the 1970's that was part of a campaign to imporve road safety for boys like myself.


I have been using a mouse a bit more with the Chromebook so I bought small mouse mat that does tie very much into the wolf theme running in the Chromebook cases and my pencil case

No comments:

Post a Comment