Friday, September 6

Autumn uniform - check and replace

Seeing it is the start of autumn term here I did a bit of stock check of my uniform ready to resume.
The most important thing was my shoes were somewhat worn on the soles and joins so I bought a new pair which as I am unable to fasten shoes needed to be velcro as are a fair number of Junior Boys shoes if our district is anything to go by.

Do not die of shock but I got two pairs of genuine ex Prep school new/old stock pull over grey socks with two green bars in actual children's shoe sizes as I am more 'child sized' and so adult size stockists aren't always able to supply things in my sizes.

That you see is where these others do fit in as plain grey ribbed socks because they are what boys do wear and so are in my size off the peg from school suppliers which is as well as I seldom wear anything other than school shorts all year around.
I also had some new boys slippers which is well overdue as I haven't any for a while actually.


Finally my old Peter Storm weatherbeater/ cagoule is showing it's signs of age so I bought this new red one with white trim around the zip and decent zipped pockets as there is nothing that irritates me more than pockets cut to one side with just a press stud at best to hold them any anything in them still. 
They just don't work especially when scouting or hiking with things easily falling out.

No comments:

Post a Comment