Friday, January 24

Building on the lego set

Following on last weeks well received post, it happened I was able to get a few bits and bobs for the lego set to fill the gaps. 

One thing I did miss were the red roof tiles with their sharp angles mimicking the sloping roofs you find on many properties here in the UK as one a handful were included in the main set.

Here are 61 vintage red ones and there's a few others (see later) that will help adding the finishing touches to making buildings that I bought used, put in a bag stuck a card sheet.




 I did mention last week the lack of traditional white bricks in current sets being replaced by pink which is less use for building houses with as apart from a church near here, no building is in pink.

This was a bundle that was going cheap used comprising of a older green baseboard that felt a bit more stable than mine and a number of classic 70's and 80's lego characters that can be slotted on a bigger boards for more realism such as a site worker with a red safety hat. 

It also had a number of white bricks I wanted together with some older red, blue and yellow ones of various formations plus red and black (no longer offered) clip on small plates which you can't have enough of.


Here is all white bundle of bricks  with windows and doors too I was able to get cheaply that would work well with the other

This should help transform the two current sets I have into something more like the one I had with a bias on building structures while by adding the characters also link back toward the past as I did get separately some of those which may go with any other bits I get as the months go bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment