Friday, January 17

More lego fun

It's been a wash out week here thanks to Storm Brendan although I did manage to get out earlier in the mornings for a stroll as I am growing skin on this ankle with two scabs to show for it.

One thing I did do was play with my lego  as one limitation of the original "classic set" I had last year was unlike the one I had when I was nine, it was deficient in windows and doors apart from coming in a plastic tool type box  where the original was in card with plastic wells.


Although mine was bigger, it was a bit like this which I think is better as bags are unwieldy and prone to tearing.



The set I had for Christmas that I put labelling up each bag with some paper stickers was transferred into that new box with the instructions.

Part of it is what we don't tend to think about what it would of cost today for our folks to had bought it and I know the RRP of the set I bought was around £40 even if I got it discounted heavily for outer cosmetic damage.

It is quite probable such a set today would of been close to £80 or more which would of been seen as a lot so it's little wonder it was a bit lacking.

That bungalow is something I knocked together  in the space of an hour and half assembled as I thought it through very much on the fly using a few of the extra bits namely the windows and one door which shows how adding those extra bits transforms the set into something that is of more use although I'd willing trade the pink bricks for white which the older sets had together with blue,yellow and red.

No doubt that was some cack handed attempt to reach out to girls but the kind of girls who wanted things like lego wasn't the pink princess sort so really it wasn't, like most of those things  necessary after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment