Sunday, April 12

Easter Sunday edition

Looking at the domestic side of being me this Easter Weekend as no doubt some might be I might be helping out, making drinks and setting tables.
The scene wouldn't be a million miles removed from that cos I'm always little at home, highly likely to be in uniform which does include socks like those
It is Easter so while Easter Bunny like most things wasn't in the mall this Easter thanks to you know what, I had my bunny in the window and have been nom'ing through my Rudolph Egg, the way that I have from been a little and often poorly boy. 
Well I'm almost through with this captivating and in places quite sad story of Jamie who loses his parents and home in Liverpool to the Blitzkrieg and a fifty year early parallel of Sidney who died tragically in a circus act that young Jamie sees as his escape from the hard realities of war, forging a new life.
These are tough times that no child ever asked for as much as for Jamie it was in different ways and books that deal in a understanding but unsentimental way with loss, trauma and finding the spirit to survive help boys cope.

In the end, as much as it hurts and we feel like crying curled up in a ball, that's the only way forward for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment