Friday, July 17

Going back to past games shorts

In someways this almost a continuing on from last weeks post at least  thematically because one source of annoyance to me is how the kind of shorts you might wear in playing sports or P.E. have changed beyond recognition.

While it is possible through certain stores to get the older cotton short square legged shorts I had in Infants and Juniors as someone who did wear nylon shorts in the very late 70's and early 80's you won't get them with a typical one a half inch inside leg.

You can just about go whistle for traditional football jerseys which had cuffs and we never wore with any sort of under garment.

The one thing I miss from that era was the "Dolfin" cut shorts which were very popular for being streamlined and the used classic options apart from wear tend to get into collectors who aren't really into wearing.

Most modern shorts tend to be rather long rather like short trousers and I prefer to wear those I'd see as more shorts than half length sports trousers.
For some reason I can't fathom out ,a large consignment of blue and black French Army running shorts has come on to the market unused.

These date to 1995 when things were still pretty much as they were in the 80's where if you asked for running or games shorts, this was what you'd expect.

They are not surprisingly given they were made to a specification very well made from 100% nylon with a small rear pocket.

Having bought a pair, these are much more like what I had back then and having worn them at the weekend it's a relief to feel the wind down the side split and the sun on my thighs again just like I did in my mid to late teens.

They just feel right on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment