Friday, January 14

Looks and resting

 


The last week has been somewhat cold, temperatures often around the two to three degree mark during the day with wind chill in the minuses so perhaps it might of surprised some that I had bought something from the past.

It took some agonizing over it, but after a pretty long hiatus I bought a "proper" duffle coat with a modern microfibre lining with two deep pockets and zipped small inner ones after being without one from the age of sixteen and three quarters.

My old one had Beatles and Rainbow badges fastened on it on the left top in a  neat line and wooden toggles to which you fasten it up with and was bottle green in colour.

This one is grey with tough plastic toggles and an inner zip to fasten the front right the way up to keep draughts out and still feels hefty and as warm as toast.

It'll go with the reminder of my uniform.

Over the Christmas period I did watch a few Pantomimes on Cbeebies, the BBC tv channel for sevens and under and this, the current one was one of several simply cos with all the groan up noise about Covid, I needed to escape and get back to just following a story getting right in it.

Way back in time certainly at school from the earliest days many of us can recall being introduced to the standards about how we presented and the importance of correcting things like a untucked shirt or socks that were minded to fall down although I still think garters should of been mandatory as they do help.

Sock elastic is weird stuff, I have some socks that seem to stay up for long with no aids and adjustments on my part and yet others that I pretty much have to wear garters with as they'd be coming down within minutes of a brisk walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment