Friday, May 12

Returned pasts and more memories

The year 1977 is well etched on my brain not least for the events of the Silver Jubilee of our late Queen, Elizabeth, waiting alongside a road in Bangor, North Wales on school trip to wave at here and school parties.


It was on one afternoon after one everybody in our form had to make a line and wait in turn to be presented with a special Jubilee commemorative mug and a gift one of which was rather like this.

I do have a number including one in blue with gold text through other connections and they are in wooden case still which probably tells you I do value them a lot emotionally.
This last week saw the Coronation of our King, Charles III and this is a special commemorative mug I have.


This is the reverse side.

It is signed by the artist who designed it  and was made locally from bone china, expressly NOT from China.

Having this does take me back me back those earlier years and where youngsters today as then also have had mugs presented to them in a number of instances and given I'm no longer in an official school, this for me makes up for that continuing the tradition where it can be displayed with the others.

In a week where I was publically in grey short trousers at church for a cake and tea coronation get together it's a fitting reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment