Friday, August 11

Replacements for Autumn

 It's rather a warm start to the day, quite a bit better in some respects from when I was away and this week I'm looking more towards Autumn and assessing the stuff I got as clothes obviously do wear over time and so you do need to replace things from time to time.

According to my notes the last pair of trainers I bought was in the Autumn of 2011, as we were coming out of Covid and not long after going away for the first time since lockdown to The Lakes as my older pair had become somewhat worn in that period not being helped by my walking gait being affected by having a week left side, wearing one side rather more than the other especially around the heels.

My current pair are starting to show signs of that wear although they've done a lot better than much of my footwear past and present on that score and so I got a pair of Adidas Juniors Tensaur Sport 2.0 CF K Hook & Loop School Shoes in black as they look hard wearing and fasten with velcro.

Winter for me always brings challenges with gripping in the season of ice and snow before the twist and turns of our pavements that making walking hard going are taken into account fo starting the season with a brand new pair of trainers with excelent grip is a must.

Given the odd pair of these traditional argyle patterned socks have lost one  of a pair in the wash over the years I bought a pack of three as being made from wool, they do keep your legs and feet very warm in winter whatever the length of your short trousers.

No comments:

Post a Comment