Friday, July 5

Polled reflections


 As I write this I'm blasting out a couple of albums, the Christopher Cross debut and Out Of Our Heads, the American version of that Rolling Stones album, looking out on to the street seeing people go back and forth.

Earlier on I had been out to the Polling Station seeing people vote, having cast my postally a good six days in my grey short trousers and turn over top socks, talking with them, obviously NOT discussing politics.

The last time we had a General Election, December 2019, was notable for being the first one I turned out to vote quite openly as an adult boy and was the last one before losing an Aunt and obviously Mum on a cool morning walking in to cast my vote in what whatever your leanings was a very decisive vote.

It was also decisive for being the first time many people had seen me in public and it had to be it was accepted, setting the scene for what happened during that period non of us foresaw and to so many are living with, Covid and the Emergency when our paths were forced together and I resumed being a boy all over again.

Now, we don't do politics on this blog - the odd bit of current affairs at times - but yesterday may well see major changes as results are counted today.

To whoever forms a government: Good luck as things are tough, tougher than we thought four and a bit years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment