Friday, September 8

Recalling the summer outdoor play

Summer is almost over and this week is when traditionally the one where after the eight week Summer Holidays, we return to our schools or transfer to a Junior or high school seeing or making new friends talking about ourselves and what we have done. Indeed we've been asked to write an account of our activities during this period before now.
For me the Summer was a time of being more out of doors aided by the sunny warm weather for hours on end sometimes on your own exploring new places or learning about new things and at other times with other boys.
Typically I was put into t shirts and shorts usually easy to wash soccer or pe ones cos for one things it's kind of warm, for another so long as I'm responsible and put my suncream on exposure to fresh air and the sun is good for my well-being and development keeping me strong and for another when your busy you soon get warm.
Physical play isn't just fun it's a natural biological need and interests of boys as you learn to develop and use your physical strength constructively even if with my disabilities I need help from other boys to do this be it climbing trees, scaling ropes or whatever.
It's a great bond builder too so like it's a good all around thing for me and countless other boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment