Friday, April 20

Young teen looks

It was in many respects a different era and to a point even the differences between that and my parents own that in someways remain the overall abiding memories of being a first of all a teen boy and then as legally a young adult but in many respects very much still a child didn't share the same expectations and likes in them.
A good example of that was the in their world there wasn't what we call leisure wear just play or casual clothes then school or work clothes which were more formal by material and tailoring.
Like many boys of that era sporty looks had an appeal based on coolness and trickled in from sportswear that in the past you might of just kept for school PT or games although it wasn't all soccer tops and shorts plus I was never that into soccer.
No, what I really went for was tracksuits and trainers which was never really on the bought for you side from my folks when my school introduced me to them because they were more practical for having no buttons to fasten only one zip to pull up and needless to say because you had t shirts on underneath of them, no shirt and collar buttons to fasten too.
They became an kind of alternative  uniform outside of formal school wear removing the complexities of co-ordinating regular clothes with just having 'base layers' of vest, underpants and socks put on which all tended to be fairly plain.
The cut of tracksuits also matched my frame well being more long and thin so I felt good whenever I caught my reflection in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment