Friday, August 10

New longs

I have made few posts around boys uniform on this blog and seeing we are a week after our anniversary post I thought I'd return to that topic.
Related image
The initiated  on Tumblr and ASB  know the extent to which longs and I aren't normally at one which goes back to my schooldays being one boy who preferred his shorts and long socks whatever the powers that be or some other boys thought about it.
Part of that is really more I'm a junior fitting well within a Prep School mind at least when it comes to more developmental areas but the other is connected around disability.
I have a curved spine which means apart from having lower back pain most of the time the shape differs so unless I wear at least semi elasticated trousers or a belt, they don't fit well.
Belts tend to gnaw at it if you have them tight enough stay not just up but flush with my waist  apart from being awkward for me to undo.
Recently though I acquired a pair of Trutex  schoolboy classic straight longs that came in a more fuller fit and partial elasticated waist in my size that means while they can take a belt, I can dispense with it knowing they'll stay on properly.
Over a shirt and Y Fronts, they actually fit me perfectly, better even from one pair of  Chino's that also are elasticated with nothing trapped so I not only look smart, I do feel confident wearing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment