Friday, February 25

You ain't going nowhere

 

I haven't really been very far in the last few days which meant I wasn't able to make much out of the more settled weather after the severe storms of the last week which on Sunday and Monday were genuinely frightening.

Trees were swaying and indeed in the woods a number of branches did fall and fairly substantial ones at that littering the trails with quite noticeable flooding too for good measure.

Thus I was reading things like this fortnights Match Of The Day magazine, the beano and playing indoors for most of the time.

So it was really disappointing to wake up just before four in the morning, then experience a most agonizing, horrendous pain in left calf muscle as it was "twanged", gritting your teeth as you felt like screaming and improvising at speed compression over it trying to get into a halfway comfortable position in bed.

When I eventually got up, it was a struggle to get dressed as I found the tightest most supporting pair of turn over top socks to wear before having several attempts to get upright and hobble in agony to the bathroom.

Then I found the stairs were too step to walk on without putting too much pressure on that calf so I ended up going down the stairs clutching my plushie in my grey three inch inside leg shorts feeling very little to get some brekkie sorted.

That was the point I realized I would need to keep movement to the minimum as getting about on your bottom is slow and literally a pain in the rear.

I'm feeling a bit better with it but I'll need to give it time to fully recover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment